Home » Practice Areas
As you’re looking for the right Indianapolis criminal defense attorney, you might want to know more about our experience and the types of cases we handle. Please feel free to browse through the links below or send us a chat if you have any questions.
- Drug Charges – If you are facing drug-related charges, you may be able to avoid incarceration and significant fines by consulting with an aggressive Indianapolis criminal defense lawyer to advocate for your case. At Hessler Law, we are committed to defending people accused of drug crimes in the state of Indiana.
- DUI / OWI – Been arrested for driving operative a vehicle under the influence in Indianapolis? Being charged with an OWI, DUI, or OVWI, can be a serious offense, depending on the circumstances of your charge, including how much alcohol or drugs you had in your body. The consequences can have a significant, detrimental impact on your life and could include jail time, fines, suspension of your driver’s license, and mandatory alcohol or drug treatment programs.
- Alcohol Related Crimes – There are a number of offenses you can be charged with related to alcohol. From open containers to public intoxication, to selling alcohol to minors, Indiana takes crimes related to alcohol seriously. If you find yourself charged with an alcohol-related offense, contact an Indianapolis alcohol crimes attorney right away.
- Sex Crimes – Being charged with rape, indecent exposure, prostitution or other sex-related offense can be frightening and stressful. It could ruin existing relationships, your reputation and your future. Don’t delay in contacting a criminal defense attorney who can protect you in court. Penalties for sex crimes in Indiana are immensely severe.
- Handgun & Firearm Charges – If you have been charged with the unlawful possession or unlawful use of a weapon or firearm, or are facing a concealed weapons charge in Indiana, you will need to consult with an experienced Indianapolis who can build a compelling defense on your behalf regardless of the circumstances that led to your arrest.
- Juvenile Offenses – If you, or your son or daughter have been charged with a criminal offense, it is critical that they receive legal counsel as soon as possible. Whether you or your child has been charged with a DUI, drug possession, or a more series charge, this can be a tough and trialing time. A knowledgeable juvenile offense lawyer will be able to provide an effective defense strategy and hopefully help you, or your child avoid a criminal record.
- Assault, Battery & Domestic Violence – Have you or a loved one been charged with assault or a related offense? If you or a family member has been charged with an assault-related crime, it’s crucial that you seek the help of an experienced Indianapolis criminal defense lawyer to represent you in court. In some cases, you may be able to prove that you were acting in self-defense.
- Major Felony Charges – If you are accused of a felony, you should speak to criminal defense attorney to learn more about your defenses and protect your rights. Fighting a felony charge can be a traumatic event. Felony conviction will have severe legal impacts on your life. However, if your are accused this does not mean you are guilty. That is why it is important to have a good criminal defense lawyer with well-rounded courtroom experience to defend your case in court.
- Traffic Violations – When you receive a traffic violation in Indianapolis or elsewhere in Indiana, consider contacting a lawyer to avoid paying the ticket. To a pay a traffic ticket is to admit guilt and long-term consequences could result, including increased insurance fees to having your driver’s license revoked. You have every right to fight the charge. Sean will work to minimize the negative consequences of the traffic violation you are facing.
- Fraud Charges – If you have been accused of falsifying information for monetary or personal gain or any other form of embezzlement, forgery, counterfeiting, or fraud, then don’t delay contacting a skilled criminal defense lawyer who can protect your rights in court. The quicker you contact an attorney, the sooner you can build a case and protect yourself during the investigation process.
- Public Nuisance Charges – From public intoxication, disorderly conduct to disturbing the peace and illegal dumping, public nuisance charges are a crime in Indiana. To maintain a public nuisance could escalate into a felony charge, though most public nuisance charges are considered misdemeanors. If you have been charged with related crimes, an Indianapolis criminal defense lawyer may be able to negotiate a dismissal of your case so your record remains clean.
- Theft Charges – If you are charged with theft in Indiana, you could be at risk of a felony charge, depending whether or not you have committed a prior, unrelated offense in recent years, or depending on the amount stolen. There are many factors that can affect the seriousness of a theft charge. If you are facing a theft charge, act soon.
This website is intended for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not create an attorney-client relationship.