Why Hire an Indianapolis Drug Attorney
A drug charge is a serious offense in Indiana. Possession, trafficking, sale, and other prohibited acts associated with illegal substances are no joking matter. Many drug charges are prosecuted as felonies with very harsh consequences. If convicted, you could face years behind bars, large fines, and a permanent criminal record.
Because of the serious consequences, it is important to hire an experienced Indianapolis drug defense lawyer to deal with your drug charges. The legal team at Hessler Law is knowledgeable about state and federal drug laws. Call us today at (317) 886-8800 for a confidential case consultation.
What An Indianapolis Drug Attorney Can Do
A defendant is innocent until proven guilty; however, police officers and prosecutors will work hard to prove that a crime has been committed. You need someone on your side who has the experience and resources to fight for your rights. Below are some of the advantages of hiring an Indianapolis drug attorney if you have been charged with a drug-related crime:
- Experience in criminal defense – When you are charged with a drug crime, you want someone on your side who possess extensive criminal defense experience. While all attorneys are trained in the law, a lawyer with specific knowledge and skills will be more beneficial in your time of need.
- Knowledge of the criminal system – The criminal judicial system in Indianapolis is no playground. One of the advantages of hiring a drug attorney is that you can rely on their intimate knowledge of the criminal system. Your lawyer will understand the complex procedures and will be your guide at every stage of your case.
- Strong legal team – When you hire a criminal defense drug attorney, you also get a legal team that works behind the scenes researching, investigating, and preparing your case. That strong legal support is critical to how your attorney is able to carry out his duties in court.
- Negotiation skills – Persuasiveness is not a given talent of all lawyers. It is especially important for a criminal defense lawyer to have negotiation skills, which are critical in plea bargaining. An effective plea bargain could result in lower charges or penalties.
- Sentence mitigation – If you decide to plead guilty or you are found guilty after your trial, you will need a lawyer who can mitigate on your behalf at your sentencing hearing. Having a lawyer present with the required knowledge and experience can make a significant difference.
It can be very difficult to beat drug charges. Approaching the criminal system unrepresented is not in anyone’s best interest. It is important to get a lawyer working on your case from the very beginning.
Hessler Law – An Indianapolis Drug Attorney Who Can Help
Hessler Law is not new to criminal defense representation. Our attorneys are experienced professionals with intimate knowledge of drug laws and the court system. For years, we have provided high-quality legal service to individuals who have found themselves on the wrong side of the law.
The legal team at Hessler Law is ready to help you. We understand that this may be a confusing and troubling time for you and your family. You can rely on our ability to obtain the best outcome possible in your case. Call us today at (317) 886-8800 to set up a consultation.